Congratulations if you got a place in the Virgin London Marathon this year!
If you’re running for charity start collecting your sponsorship money right away by creating your Virgin Money Giving fundraising page - We’re the official Virgin London Marathon fundraising website.
What’s more if you Set up your fundraising page by 31 October 2011 you’ll be entered into a draw for a chance to win a VIP Marathon package.
- You and a guest will stay at The Tower Hotel with the elite athletes and celebs the night before the race.
- Breakfast in the same place as elite athletes and celebs in the morning and travel to the start line in style.
- Upgrade your race to start from the celeb start line (no crowds, no queues and better loos!).
- Get two grandstand passes for your supporters to watch the race in comfort and see you and the elite runners cross the line.
- Bring your supporters along to the Virgin Money after-party.
Plus, you’ll get all of this to help your training and fundraising get off to the best start:
- £600 of adidas running kit, including shoes, selected by you at a VIP trip to an adidas performance store.
- Six months’ supply of Lucozade products to keep you fuelled and hydrated all the way to the finish line.
- Timex Ironman GPS Global Trainer runners’ watch.
- £250 donation to your Virgin Money Giving page.
Whether you’ve been sucessful in the marathon ballot or your charity has confirmed they’ve offered you a place you’re able to enter the draw. And if you’ve already created your London Marathon fundraising page on Virgin money Giving for your your name is already in the hat.
Terms and conditions apply
This April, over 36,000 runners will take to the streets of London with the one aim of completing a gruelling 26.2 miles all in the name of charity. Over 70% of the people who run the world’s number 1 marathon, the Virgin London Marathon, do so for a charitable cause.
This year adidas have launched a unique initiative to help the charity runners with their fundraising. For every runner who crosses the finish line wearing a pair of adidas trainers, £40 will be donated to that runner’s chosen charity.
All a runner needs to do is register at adidas.com/londonmarathon before 31st March and ensure that they have an set up their Virgin Money Giving sponsorship page, and of course not forgetting to run the marathon in adidas trainers to qualify for the donation!
On race day your Timing chip will then be collected separately at the finish line and cross referenced with registered runners. adidas will then donate via the runner’s Virgin Money Giving sponsorship page within 8 weeks.
This is the first incentive of its kind and adidas is proud to be able to support the runners in this way. Robin Money, head of sports marketing at adidas commented, “We are really proud to be launching such a strong charity initiative and to support runners not only with their training and footwear but be able to sponsor their efforts too.”
To create your fundraising page for the Virgin London Marathon click the button below
Terms and conditions apply, please see adidas.com/londonmarathon for full details.
Anyone with questions or issues registering with adidas can call their helpline on 0844 351 0584 and a member of the adidas team will be able to register you over the phone.