JDRF, the type 1 Diabetes Charity have had a fantastic start to the year with donations and fundraising.
They had a huge team of runners in the Virgin London Marathon and have a whole host of other events coming up – including skydives, community events and treks. We asked them to share some of their top hints and tips for fundraisers:
- Start as early as you can. By giving yourself six months, or more you can set a stretching target.
- Write a fundraising plan with a target amount. Make sure you include a list of all your potential sponsors and other events that you could use to raise money.
- Write a blog or keep updating your fundraising page to keep everyone engaged, including photos and videos to keep it interactive. You should share these on Facebook/Twitter etc to make sure it’s seen by as many people as possible.
- Offer your sponsors an incentive (such as a prize for guessing your correct finishing time).
- Personally thank all your sponsors after you have completed your challenge, and remind those who haven’t sponsored you it’s their last chance.
Thanks to Jon Medcraft from JDRF for sharing their charity top tips, if there’s something you’ve tried that you know works really well why not share it in the comments below.