We were sorry to hear that Bmycharity have announced that they are withdrawing their online fundraising website and won’t be accepting donations after 19 March.
If you’re currently fundraising with Bmycharity we can help you continue your fundraising. You can seamlessly switch to Virgin Money Giving in just a few minutes, to help you move your page we’ve but together a quick guide below:
- Go to http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com and click ‘start fundraising‘.
- Select the type of fundraising activity you’re doing.
- Either search for the event you’re taking part in or enter the details of your fundraising activity.
- Search for the charity you’d like to raise money for and set your fundraising target.
- Create your account by entering your details and creating a password.
- Add your fundraising story to your page.
There’s no need to write your fundraising story from scratch again, you can easily copy this from your BMY Charity page:
- Go to your Bmycharity page.
- Select all of the text, right click, and choose ‘copy’.
- Then ‘paste’ this into your Virgin Money Giving page.
Keeping your fundraising total
If you’ve already made a good start with your fundraising, you can update the totaliser on your Virgin Money Giving page to show what you’ve raised elsewhere.
- Take a note of the total amount raised on your BMY Charity fundraising page.
- Add this amount in the ‘offline fundraising’ box just below the thermometer.
You can do this either when you create your new fundraising page, or at any time by signing into your account and choosing the ‘edit page’ link.
Letting everyone know about your new page
You can let everyone know where your new fundraising page is and we’ve got some tools to help you:
Add our facebook application to your profile, and share it with your friends.
From your fundraising account you can email all your contacts in your address book a link to your new page.
- Twitter, Facebook, linked in, and MySpace:
You can share a link to your fundraising page on your social networks, click the icons on the right hand side of your fundraising page to send a link to your friends.
- Your Blog and Website:
Add a button linking to your Virgin Money Giving fundraising page to your own blog or website, there’s a guide here showing how to do this.