A group of friends from Torbay have just completed an 11 mile kayak trip raising money for Muscular Dystrophy Campaign. But that’s just the start…
Over the next 12 months the team plan to take on a whole series of events including:
- Cycling from John O’Groats to Lands End,
- Walking Hadrian’s wall,
- The Plymouth Triathlon,
- The National 3 peaks challenge,
- The 24 peaks challenge in the Lake district,
- The 70k Challenge Ride from Honiton to Teignmouth,
- Cycling from London to Paris,
- The Suffolk whole hog,
- A 3K swim,
- The Great West Run,
- Plymouth Half Marathon,
- The Ben Nevis Challenge,
- The Torbay Half Marathon,
- The Asics 10K,
- A banger rally across Europe.
And as well as the challenges they’re also organising a charity fashion show, and a track day.
They’re doing all of these challenges in memory of their friend Bertie Brookman. Bertie suffered with Muscular Dystrophy from birth and sadly passing away in April 2010 at the age of 23. So far they’ve raised over £2000 but it’s just the beginning.
Good luck guys!