John Cross, Daily Mirror sports writer, is running the Royal Parks Half Marathon for Leonard Cheshire Disability – and he wants you to join him! John covers football for the Daily Mirror, writes a regular column and is a regular on Twitter (@johncrossmirror).
But his love of sport doesn’t stop at football. He’s a keen supporter of Leonard Cheshire Disability and believes running for charity is one of the biggest motivators for any fun runner.
“Leonard Cheshire Disability is a great cause to run for; they go that extra mile every day to give disabled people more opportunities in life. So join me in running the Royal Parks Half Marathon this October and the funds you raise will help them provide the best care and opportunities possible for disabled people in your local community and around the world.”
By joining John and Leonard Cheshire Disability at the Royal Parks Half Marathon this year, you’ll receive a support package including:
- A welcome pack (including Leonard Cheshire Disability running vest just like Crossies!), sponsor forms and fundraising tips.
- A comprehensive training guide.
- Regular team newsletters to keep you updated with the latest news, fundraising ideas and training tips
- Fundraising support from a dedicated events team member to answer any questions and help you in your preparations for the day.
- A post-race reception at the finish line to give you a warm welcome once you have completed your Royal Parks Half Marathon challenge.
- An opportunity to celebrate with Crossie himself.
To get a guaranteed place in this sold out event and run for Leonard Cheshire Disability, sign up at www.lcdisability.org/joinjohn