We need to do a little work on our website

Virgin Money GivingWith a new summer of fundraising fast approaching we’re doing our spring cleaning to ensure the website remains in tip top condition. To complete this we are planning releases on 29 February and 2 March, resulting in the website being unavailable.

The website will be unavailable between the following times:
  • 22:00 on Wednesday 29 February until 02:00 on Thursday 1 March
  • 20:00 on Friday 2 March until 06:00 on Saturday 3 March
As part of these releases we’re tidying up the reporting system and will remove any saved reports which you created before 1 October 2011. However, the data will still be available and should you need any of these reports again, all you’ll need to do is run a fresh report for the dates you need.

If you have any reports saved within your account that you’d like to keep, just log onto the reporting site and save the reports to your computer before 2 March 2012.

If of course you need any help with this, just email theteam@virginmoneygiving.com

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause, but it’s important for us to carry out this type of maintenance to ensure the system runs efficiently to support your fundraising.

Update @ 05:30
We’ve completed the changes to the website and Virgin Money Giving is now fully available again.

Offline Totals, Targets, and Updating pages
If you’re having issues updating your page, please see our latest post.

61 Responses to “We need to do a little work on our website”

1. 1 babysigningmummy March 2, 2012 at 8:21 pm

Hi there – my event is tomorrow and I have had loads of sponsor money come in last minute this evening, I hadn’t seen that there was going to be site maintenance tonight :( Can people still donate tonight? Or I cannot remember whether I had set the page to run for a period of time after the event as well…is there anyway of checking please?

2. 2 Antony (Virgin Money Giving) March 2, 2012 at 8:26 pm

Hi

While we’re carrying out the site maintenance it won’t be possible for anyone to donate to your page tonight.

When you create a page on Virgin Money Giving by default the page will stay open for a period of time. You can extend this or re-open a page after an event. You’ll be able to do this tomorrow morning when the website is available again. If you need any help with this just let us know.

3. 3 babysigningmummy March 2, 2012 at 8:43 pm

Hi Antony

Thank you for replying – I cannot believe I hadn’t seen you were having site maintenance tonight! I have had over £200 in last minute sponsors! Great news that it remains open for a while, I remember the question of how long I wanted it to stay open but I went to log in just as it went down so couldn’t see, least I can tell people to come back tomorrow

Thank you!

4. 4 Emma Titterton March 3, 2012 at 7:08 pm

I can’t seem to update my page with off-line sponsors, is this part of the tidy up?

5. 5 peterhoare1eter Hoare March 3, 2012 at 7:27 pm

I do not seem to be able to amend my fundraising page anymore – is there a problem with it?

6. 6 lisa chan March 4, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Hi, I am unable to edit about about me section on my page. Please can you advise? Thanks

7. 7 Heather Green March 4, 2012 at 6:25 pm

Hi,
    The background to my sponsor page has now gone red and is difficult to read. Is it possible to change the background colour?

8. 8 Kelvin Fisher March 4, 2012 at 8:18 pm

my fundraising page has stopped working !!! can’t make any updates or make any changes, someone has donated and i didn’t recieve a e-mail so i not sure if anyone can donate

9. 9 Antony (Virgin Money Giving) March 5, 2012 at 9:30 am

Hi Emma,

We’re aware of the issue for updating the offline total on a fundraising page, following the release at the weekend. Our IT team are developing and testing a fix right now, we’ll post an update as soon as we have more details. Apologies for the inconvenience.

10. 10 Antony (Virgin Money Giving) March 5, 2012 at 9:32 am

Hi Peter

Are you using Google Chrome or Safari? We’re aware of an issue relating to those browsers at the moment with that page of our website. Our IT team are currently working on an update to resolve the issue, are you able to try another web browser?

11. 11 Antony (Virgin Money Giving) March 5, 2012 at 9:32 am

Hi Lisa

12. 12 Antony (Virgin Money Giving) March 5, 2012 at 9:34 am

Hi Heather

We’ve been able to spot this too using the Google Chrome web browser, can you try refreshing the page? It appears the be a browser cache issue following our website updates at the weekend. When you’re looking at a page with a red background press [CTRL] + [R] ( or [CMD] + [R] on a Mac) to refresh the page, from then on when you browse the site you shouldn’t see a red background.

Hope that helps

13. 13 Antony (Virgin Money Giving) March 5, 2012 at 9:41 am

Hi Kelvin

Also for the donation that was made to your page, that didn’t trigger an email, was this the latest donation made to your page. If you can let us know we’ll investigate to see what happened.

14. 14 Tina March 5, 2012 at 1:13 pm

When doing the maintenance it looks as though the ‘About you’ panel on the fundraising page does not let you type anything in there.
    Do you know when this will be fixed, am keen to send people the link and start fundraising.

Thanks

15. 15 Antony (Virgin Money Giving) March 5, 2012 at 1:19 pm

Hi Tina

We’re aware of an issue following last Friday’s website update where users of Google Chrome/Safari are having issues with updating the ‘About Me’ area.

We’re working on this right now and will post an update when we have one. In the mean time if you’re able to try a different browser like Firefox you should be ok.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

16. 16 Jake March 5, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Hi,

Reading the recent replies I’m sure you are aware of this – but I currently can’t update either my ammount raised offline, or my target (which has reset to 0!)

Thanks!

17. 17 Antony (Virgin Money Giving) March 5, 2012 at 2:23 pm

Hi Jake

Yes, we’re aware of the issues around offline fundraising, and apologies for the inconvenience. We’re working on an update right now and we’ll post more details as soon as we have them.

18. 18 Chris March 5, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Hi there,
    My target amount has reset to zero – can this be fixed please.
    Many thanks

19. 19 Sofie March 6, 2012 at 3:46 pm

Hello, is there any news on this? I need to update my offline fundraising total but haven’t been able to. I’ve tried using Explorer and Safari but neither work. My target has also reset to £0.
    Thanks,
    Sofie

20. 20 Antony (Virgin Money Giving) March 6, 2012 at 3:49 pm

Hi Sofie,

Can you let me know what your offline amount should be, we can update it from here for you. We’re currently working on a fix, and will confirm more details when we can.

Apologies for the inconvenience

21. 21 Antony (Virgin Money Giving) March 6, 2012 at 3:50 pm

Hi Chris

Apologies your target has changed to 0. We’re working on a fix, and as part of the update we’ll be putting back targets to where they should be. We can also correct it for you right now if you can post your page address, and target amount.

22. 22 jenny Cox March 6, 2012 at 5:12 pm

Hi

I would like to finish my page this week but need to update my off line fundraiser and my target is now 0

I can see others have the same problem

When can I expect it all to work?

23. 23 Antony (Virgin Money Giving) March 6, 2012 at 5:14 pm

Hi Jenny

Sorry for the inconvenience, we’re working on a fix right now, but in the mean time if you can post your target and offline amount in reply to this comment I can get your page updated for you.

24. 24 sue sykes March 6, 2012 at 5:43 pm

Hi there
    I can see from other comments that things aren’t working properly. Iwish to change my offline target to £101.00 and my target is £1500.00, is it possible to amend these please.

cheers
    Sue

25. 25 Antony (Virgin Money Giving) March 6, 2012 at 5:46 pm

Hi Sue

Apologies for the inconvenience, I’ve just updated your target and offline total. Will take a few moments to appear on the website.

26. 26 jake March 6, 2012 at 6:18 pm

Could you please change my target to 13100.00 and my offline total to 5300? Many thanks!

27. 27 Antony (Virgin Money Giving) March 6, 2012 at 6:22 pm

Hi Jake

Just updated your page, well done on what you’ve raised so far! Best of luck with your fundraising.

28. 28 malcolm March 6, 2012 at 7:28 pm

page : malcolmsmart ( London 2 Paris in 24 hours )
    offline total : £450
    target : £1500

Can you amend the offline total please?

Do you have an ETA on a fix? I reckon you shoujld sponsor me a couple of quid for the inconvenience :).

Cheers

Malc

29. 29 Pete March 6, 2012 at 10:30 pm

I have been trying to change my offline fundraising total to £277 for a few days. I will shortly want to add more. Will this soon be possible again.
    Thanks,
    Pete

30. 30 Antony (Virgin Money Giving) March 7, 2012 at 10:36 am

Hi Malcom

Target and total updated for you, apologies for the inconvenience. We’re working on the fix right now and will post an update as soon as we’re ready to put it live.

31. 31 Antony (Virgin Money Giving) March 7, 2012 at 10:38 am

Hi Pete

Apologies for the inconvenience, I’ve updated you’re offline total and we’re working on a fix. If you need it changed again let us know

32. 32 jenny Cox March 7, 2012 at 12:44 pm

Hi Antony

Target 1500.00

offline total £575.00

If you could please change this for me.

Many Thanks Jenny

33. 33 malcolm March 7, 2012 at 1:33 pm

I actually meant 550 offline, not 450. Sorry guys. No urgency to update.

34. 34 Antony (Virgin Money Giving) March 7, 2012 at 1:48 pm

Hi Jenny

All updated for you

35. 35 Antony (Virgin Money Giving) March 7, 2012 at 1:57 pm

Hi Malcolm

All updated for you

36. 36 fattymustrun March 7, 2012 at 5:49 pm

I am having problems updating my offline totals….HELP

37. 37 Steve Davies March 7, 2012 at 8:36 pm

Hi Antony,

Like others I cannot change my details. Can you update them please?
    Target £1500
    Offline £152.00

Do you have any idea as to when the problem is likely to fully resolved, you must be getting fed up of changing everyone’s details! ? I use Chrome on an iMac.

Thanks

Steve

38. 38 Hannah Nye March 8, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Hi Antony,

I’m sure this is getting a little old, and massively time consuming…

I am, needless to say, also unable to update my target & my offline total at the moment.
    My target sum is £1000.00, and my current offline total is £285.00.

Please don’t feel that you necessarily need to update it for me (unless you have nothing better to do!) I suspect getting the issue fixed is far more valuable in the long run!!! Do you happen to know how long it will take for this problem to get sorted out?

Many thanks
    Hannah

39. 39 Antony (Virgin Money Giving) March 8, 2012 at 12:55 pm

Hi Steve

Your page target and offline totals are updated, apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks for the browser and system details, we’re aware of the cause of issue and are currently testing the update to our website. We’ll have more details of when we’ll be putting the fix in shortly.

40. 40 Antony (Virgin Money Giving) March 8, 2012 at 12:57 pm

Hi Hannah

I’ve updated your target and total for you, will take a couple of minutes to take effect on your page.

Our IT team are currently busy testing the update to our website that will correct the issue, we’ll share more news soon about when we’ll be putting it live. Apologies for the inconvenience, and best of luck with you London Marathon training!

41. 41 Sally Terson March 8, 2012 at 6:27 pm

Hi Antony,
    Sorry to be a pain but could you update my current off line total to £105.00 please
    Many thanks
    Sally

42. 42 Antony (Virgin Money Giving) March 8, 2012 at 6:30 pm

Hi Sally

Not a problem, updated. Does your page have a target too?

43. 43 Andrew Barnard March 8, 2012 at 9:29 pm

Hi Antony,

I made a mistake on my fundraising profile and accidentally created a page three times! I have de-activated two of the pages but they still appears on my active one. Can the two de-activated ones be completely taken off as it’s confusing my sponsors which page is the one to put their donation on.

Sorry to be a pain!

Thanks
    Andrew

44. 44 Mark B March 8, 2012 at 10:52 pm

Hi Antony
    I tried to update my target from 500 to 750 but this seems to have wiped out the indicator bar and despite having raised470 ish it’s showing as 0 in the barometer. Any way to re calibrate it?

Thanks

45. 45 Antony (Virgin Money Giving) March 8, 2012 at 10:55 pm

Hi Andrew

We can’t remove the pages you created in error, but you can turn off the previous fundraising on your page. To do this, sign into your account, and choose to edit the correct page, and then ‘Amend Fundraising’ page. At the top of the page, you can then turn of your previous fundraising.

This will remove the links to your other pages. Hope that helps, if you need me to take a look at your page for you, let me know

46. 46 Antony (Virgin Money Giving) March 8, 2012 at 10:57 pm

Hi Mark

Apologies for the inconvenience, as your target has dropped to 0, there thermometer isn’t showing progress towards a target. I can reset your target back to 750 for you, will update your page for you in the Morning.

We’re working on an update to the site, and should be able to share more news about this soon.

47. 47 Mark B March 8, 2012 at 11:05 pm

Thanks Antony, much appreciated. I don’t quite understand it because if I go to edit the page the edit mode thinks my target is 750 but when you view it as a donor it shows as 0. If you could set it to 750 I’d be grateful

Mark

48. 48 Antony (Virgin Money Giving) March 9, 2012 at 8:45 am

Hi Mark,

All updated, will take a few minutes to update on the site. Let me know if you have any other issues

49. 49 Andrew Barnard March 9, 2012 at 9:14 am

Thanks for your help Antony. I’ve already done what you have said so I think that’s as far as I can go with it. On my fundraising page there is an ‘other fundraising’ box which lists all three page creations, I’m guessing nothing can be done with that either?

Thanks
    Andrew

50. 50 Antony (Virgin Money Giving) March 9, 2012 at 9:19 am

Hi Andrew

The ‘other fundraising’ feature can be turned off when you’re editing your page, there’s a check box at the top which turns on and off the widgets on your page. I’ve checked your page for you, and switched this off. Your page should update in a few minutes and the links to the unused pages should be removed.

Hope that helps, and good luck with your fundraising!

51. 51 Andrew Barnard March 9, 2012 at 9:32 am

Perfect! Thanks again Antony with all your help.

Thanks
    Andrew

52. 52 Mark Glasscock March 9, 2012 at 9:32 am

Hi Antony! My page appears to have gone extremely red in the past couple of days (background colours). I don’t recall having changed any page settings. Q: Is there anything I / you can do please, as it makes the text a lot less easy to read? Many thanks- Mark

53. 53 Antony (Virgin Money Giving) March 9, 2012 at 1:56 pm

Hi Mark

We’re aware of this too, and looking into it, can you try refreshing your page, something from our website, from before we made the changes might be in your cache. Typically you can do this be pressing [CTRL] + [R] or on a Mac its [CMD] + [R].

Let us know if that helps

54. 54 julie mckie March 10, 2012 at 7:36 pm

Hi, reassured to know it is the whole site and not just my page having difficulties! Can you please put my target back to £2000 and ammend my offline fundraising total to £794! Thank you. Julie Mckie

55. 55 Mark Stevens March 10, 2012 at 7:41 pm

Hi i can not update my my amount and my target wont save

56. 56 Antony (Virgin Money Giving) March 10, 2012 at 9:58 pm

Hi Julie

Apologies for the inconvenience, I’ve updated you’re page with the targets, and offline amounts. We’re working on an update and hope to have news on that very soon.

57. 57 Antony (Virgin Money Giving) March 10, 2012 at 10:00 pm

Hi Mark

Apologies for the inconvenience, we’re aware of the issues and working on an update. We hope to have news on that very soon, but if you let us know your target or offline amounts you want changed in a post here, along with a link to your page we can update it for you.

58. 58 Heather Mayers March 11, 2012 at 4:47 pm

Hi there, I have just set up a fundraising page but for some reason, am not able to write any content about myself on the page?

Thanks,
    Heather

59. 59 Antony (Virgin Money Giving) March 11, 2012 at 10:30 pm

Hi Heather

Apologies for the inconvenience, this is the issue post above on this blog post. We’re working on an update at the moment to correct the problem. It’s likely you’re using Google Chrome, or Safari. If you’re able to use another web browser like Firefox you should be fine.

We’re in the final stages of testing the update, and plan to put it live monday evening, providing all testing goes according to plan.

60. 60 Waqas Hussain March 12, 2012 at 9:53 am

Hello,
    Can I update my target to £1000, and offline fundraising to £68.75 please.
    Thanks.

61. 61 Antony (Virgin Money Giving) March 12, 2012 at 9:49 pm

Hi Waqas, we’re putting the update into the website tonight that will allow you to change your target and offline amount yourself once again.

Are you ok to try again tomorrow, and let us know if you have any issues?

Virgin Money Giving

Comments are currently closed.

Blog categories

Enter your email address to subscribe to the Virgin Money Giving blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 919 other followers

Quick Links

Find us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Subscribe to our RSS feed Watch Youtube Videos Watch Vimeo Videos Our photos on Flickr

Latest Tweets