Every runner that takes part in the Virgin London Marathon will make their way to the ExCel centre to collect their race number and running chip. But, runners can pick up a lot more from Marathon than these two, essential items.
Here’s our guide to the Virgin London Marathon Expo:
- Collect your race number. As soon as you enter the front door there’s a row of booths – find the one that matches your race number and collect your race bag. Without your race number you won’t be able to take part on Sunday (Don’t forget you’ll need your passport or form of ID to get your race number).
- Collect your Sports Timing Tag. The Marathon accurately times every runner by the tag (attach it to your trainers before race day).
- Print your name on your race shirt – your next stop should be to the shirt printing stand (stand 1). You’ll be asked for your message, and told how long it will take. You’ll collect it from the Virgin Area at the end of Expo.
- Say hi to your charity and let them know how your fundraising has gone. They’ll let you know where their cheering zones are on the day, so look out for them during the race!
- Last minute kit shopping. If you’re running low on gels or jelly beans, or need a new pair of socks to see you through the day, then the exhibitors will have all that you need for the race – and more.
- Check out your next race – Interested in taking on another challenge after the marathon is over? There are plenty of stalls and exhibitors detailing marathons, ultra-marathons and other events across the country such as the Virgin Money Cyclone, as well as events abroad.
- Take in talks on the stage from a host of speakers, including Iwan Thomas (who’s running again this year) as well as Katherine Kendall from Runners World and marathon coach Martin Yelling.
- Talk fundraising with us – find the Virgin Money Giving area and let us know how your training and fundraising has gone – it would be great to hear how you’ve been getting on.
- Get your photo taken at the Virgin Money Giving photo booth and hang one up on the Virgin Money Giving hall of fame washing line. You can also post your photo straight to Facebook from the booth.
- Win some stuff – there’s the chance to win plenty of prizes in the Virgin Money lounge with a Virgin group lucky dip and Virgin Galactic prize draw.
We look forward to seeing you there.