Its taper time and now that most of the running, before Sunday, is out of the way – runners can turn their attention to race day morning and prep.
With this in mind its worth having a checklist of what to take to the start line. We’ve put together a list below of what to have with you at the start:
- Your race number. Don’t forget it!
- The same applies to your timing tag. Without this you won’t get an official time.
- Your trainers and the rest of your kit. It’s surprising but we’ve seen people forget their running shoes on the day! It’s worth checking, double checking and triple checking your kit on the night before to make sure you’ve got it all.
- Warm gear to wear before the gun goes off. Bring an old tracksuit or jumper that you don’t mind throwing away just before the race starts. All of this kit is collected and given to charity – so you’ll be doing even more for charity. If you don’t want to throw away any kit lots of people choose to wear a bin bag (but cut a hole in it for your head).
- Plenty of spare time. Arrive at the start with enough time to relax, go to the loo as often as you need, meet up with any friends you’re running with, and get yourself ready for the race.
Good luck to everyone taking part.