With PayPal we’re making Good Friday great!

PayPal

We’re not giving away hot cross buns but we are giving away extra donations to make Good Friday great!

This Easter weekend, if you have a friend that’s running the Virgin London Marathon, donate to their fundraising page using PayPal on Friday 29 March and they’ll match your donation. You’ll need to be quick though as the pot is limited to the first £25,000.

If you’re running the Virgin London Marathon and would like to increase your donations make sure you tell your friends to give generously from just after midnight on Friday 29 March.

The donations will hit fundraising pages by Wednesday 3 April.

Don’t have a Virgin London Marathon fundraising page set up yet? Don’t panic, just set it up now and it will be ready for donations straight away, so you can take advantage of ‘Great Friday’ too. And not only that, you’ll also get a free Virgin London Marathon kitbag to help with your training.

Terms & conditions apply.

26 Responses to “With PayPal we’re making Good Friday great!”

1. 1 Liz F Webb March 27, 2013 at 4:41 pm

I know some people who don’t have a PayPal account yet, but if you choose ‘Pay with PayPal’ you get the option to open up a PayPal account there and then in conjunction with your donation. Please can you advise me whether donations submitted via this method would be matched?

2. 2 Antony (Virgin Money Giving) March 28, 2013 at 5:11 pm

Hi Liz

Yup, as long as the donation payment is made through PayPal you’re in with a chance of getting it matched.

Antony
    Virgin Money Giving

3. 3 Natalie March 28, 2013 at 6:42 pm

Can I put a PayPal link on my fundraising page?

4. 4 tim booth March 29, 2013 at 12:11 am

How do you know if you have got a share of the money? Thanks

5. 5 Antony (Virgin Money Giving) March 29, 2013 at 4:20 am

Hi Natalie

The donations have to be made through the normal ‘donate’ button on your fundraising page, and then by selecting PayPal as the payment option. Only donations made this way will qualify for the matching.

Antony
    Virgin Money Giving

6. 6 Antony (Virgin Money Giving) March 29, 2013 at 4:22 am

Hi Tim

As per the blog post check your fundraising page next week to see if any of the donations made to your page have been within the matching fund. As you’ll have an extra donation on your page from PayPal if you have.

Antony
    Virgin Money Giving

7. 7 Liz F Webb April 2, 2013 at 10:38 am

Hi there,

I was wondering what time we might see the donations from PayPal today if the donations have indeed been macthed?

8. 8 Philippa April 3, 2013 at 6:53 am

Hi
    when will you issue a list of all donations matched?
    Thanks

9. 9 Hayley April 3, 2013 at 7:36 am

Hi I waited up and sponsored my sister via PayPal at 00.01, how quick did the £25000 get used as my sisters sponsporships never got doubled

10. 10 Kevin newman April 3, 2013 at 8:05 am

Would the matching funds be showing by now if they were successful?

11. 11 Rebecca Finch-Parsons April 3, 2013 at 8:41 am

So glad that paypal hit their target of £25k. Will matched donations show on our pages today? I am anxiuosly waiting! x

12. 12 Rebecca April 3, 2013 at 9:46 am

My husband and I stayed up til midnight so he could sponsor me at one minute past midnight on 29th to make sure his donation definitely got doubled. Haven’t seen anything appear on my page yet- hope it is on its way soon!

13. 13 Nathan Cox April 3, 2013 at 5:23 pm

Hello there,

I know it says you will receive donations by Wednesday if you are lucky, and as of yes 18:22pm I have not received any, however I had people donate to me just 2 minutes after midnight on Friday so I was just quite surprised I hadn’t received a matched donation? Or is there a chance it will go on this evening if I had been lucky? Nathan

14. 14 Antony (Virgin Money Giving) April 3, 2013 at 5:28 pm

Hi Nathan

All of the matched donations have been made to the fundraising pages, it was an exceptionally popular promotion that saw a big increase in donations made on Good Friday. Sorry you weren’t one of the lucky ones to have your donation matched.

Antony
    Virgin Money Giving

15. 15 cmerritt42 April 3, 2013 at 6:07 pm

Wow, that was a crazy ride! I am pleased to say I was one of the lucky ones. I hope PayPal does it again!

16. 16 Jess pleasant April 3, 2013 at 6:16 pm

We had £650 worth of do rations made between 0000 and 0005 I am shocked that we have had nothing… Is there any way of double checking individuals information?

17. 17 Ryan April 3, 2013 at 6:17 pm

Hi Anthony,
    I had a donation go through at 3 minutes past midnight, was the £25k all taken by then or was there other criteria for the promotion?
    Cheers

18. 18 simon clark April 3, 2013 at 6:26 pm

Hi Antony

My name is Simon Clark. I made donations dead on 12:00am and have not seen a credit as yet. Did many people submit monies @ midnight or did someone post a big amount so there were few winners?

Cheers

19. 19 catslondonmarathon April 3, 2013 at 7:11 pm

Thank you PayPal! That’s taken us to our fundraising target! We’re really grateful as that’s a real weight off now! Just 26.2miles to seal it now! Nervous but excited!

20. 20 Andrew Bolderstone April 3, 2013 at 8:23 pm

I had a donation made literally 2 mins after midnight, but no matched donation – I do not believe that £25,000 was donated in the first minute after midnight.

21. 21 Kieron R April 3, 2013 at 10:13 pm

at what time did the £25,000 run out? sounds like a fix

22. 22 Antony (Virgin Money Giving) April 4, 2013 at 8:41 am

Congratulations if you received a matched donation.

We’ve just posted an update with some more details about how quickly the matched donations were used up on our latest blog post: https://blog.virginmoneygiving.com/2013/04/04/an-update-on-great-friday-matched-donations/

Antony
    Virgin Money Giving

23. 23 Tanya Schulterbrandt April 4, 2013 at 3:32 pm

Having a donation made to my account at 12:02AM UK time, I was disappointed for my charity (Leukaemia CARE) that I wasn’t one who had their donation matched (a donation of 448.84 pounds I might add). I looked again at the terms and conditions of the Good Friday Promotion and realized that because I am outside the UK, I was exempt. This is unfortunate as I figure that residence should have nothing to do with my wanting to help those in need who are not close to my home base. I still believe this was a wonderful promotion, but am suggesting that in the future, those who have decided to make a personal sacrifice to help those faraway, not be excluded from these promotions. After all, it is for the charity and not the individual. I have noticed that I am exempt for all the promotions being offered because I am not a UK resident. Just a suggestion that as we are all human beings, that we all should be able to participate once the charity we have chosen is benefiting. It’s for the charity after all. Thanks!!

1. 1 Double or Something | Orange Squeaky Trackback on March 28, 2013 at 11:01 pm
  2. 2 Double or Something… The Results! | Orange Squeaky Trackback on April 3, 2013 at 9:37 pm
  3. 3 An update on ‘Great Friday’ matched donations | Virgin Money Giving Blog Trackback on April 4, 2013 at 8:59 am
Comments are currently closed.

Blog categories

Enter your email address to subscribe to the Virgin Money Giving blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 928 other followers

Quick Links

Find us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Subscribe to our RSS feed Watch Youtube Videos Watch Vimeo Videos Our photos on Flickr

Latest Tweets