Virgin London Marathon infographic

Everyone knows the Virgin London Marathon is 26.2 miles long but there are lots of other numbers behind the iconic event.

Our friends at Virgin Money have packaged some of them up in this handy infographic.

Virgin London Marathon infographic

23 Responses to “Virgin London Marathon infographic”

1. 1 cheryl matthews April 20, 2013 at 8:41 am

Lots of organisation and thought goes into the Virgin London Marathon, well dona everybody in the team, hope you all have a good day tomorrow x

2. 2 Cycleoptic April 20, 2013 at 9:56 am

Lots or organisation expertise.
    Any breakdown on where entrants are from? Would be interested as a disappointed Londoner.

3. 3 Karen Silverton April 20, 2013 at 1:01 pm

And that’s what makes it an awesome event! Thanks LM

4. 4 Allan April 20, 2013 at 1:25 pm

Thaks to all the organisers, I’m asure this will be another well oiled and beutifully organised london marathon. I cant wait to get on the start line.

5. 5 ES April 20, 2013 at 1:28 pm

Do the professional runners that drop out of the marathon have to take the tube home like us mortals, or are other arrangements made? I always wonder…

6. 6 Antony (Virgin Money Giving) April 20, 2013 at 1:29 pm

Hi

The Elite field are picked up by course marshals and returned to the Marathon HQ, they’ll use all sorts of transport to get back, depending on where they are on the course.

Antony
    Virgin Money Giving

7. 7 Pedro A"mo"roso April 20, 2013 at 1:47 pm

THANK YOU ALL…My 1st Time will be a LASTING Memory and for sure this will NOT BE MY LAST….LET’S DOOOOOOOOO THISSSSSS !!!!!

8. 8 Lynn, Tim and Tom April 20, 2013 at 1:52 pm

Exposure is as good as Ansels Adam. Terrific, fantastic. Pleasure to run for a good course The Ron and Margaret Smith Cancer Appeal NWales. Good luck to all the runners tomorrow. X

9. 9 hazel April 20, 2013 at 3:11 pm

I would love to know how much money is raised. Good luck to all – I`m running my first marathon with my daughter celebrating her 21st. Very impressed by the organisation xx

10. 10 Sajna Talukdar April 20, 2013 at 4:30 pm

I’m running my 3rd London Marathon this year and am so proud to take part in a tough but exciting event that raises so much money for charity!! Wishing everyone an exciting and safe day!

11. 11 Laura meston April 20, 2013 at 4:50 pm

Thank you to all the organisers and good luck everyone :-)

12. 12 Tim Deroy-Chennells April 20, 2013 at 4:58 pm

This is my first marathon, really looking forward to it and would like to say Good luck to all the runners, and a big thanks to the organiser’s,

13. 13 Chris Kerr-nagy April 20, 2013 at 4:59 pm

First marathon for me tomorrow, getting the jitters, thanks to everyone who is involved :)

14. 14 julie April 20, 2013 at 5:05 pm

julie stewart april 20 2013 6.00 pm. this is my first marathon, training . not gone well. i have had several injuries . i still have a sciatica problem , but im going to do my best as i wether i walk jog or run, its for a great cause .just like to thank all the organisers they have done a great job.

15. 15 Peter April 20, 2013 at 6:59 pm

A massive amount of preparation and attention to detail – well done VLM guys! However, you are not alone, my wife has been preparing all day ….. and we are just watching! Good luck to all the runners!

16. 16 A April 20, 2013 at 7:35 pm

Good Luck, and enjoy everyone…I had to pull out due to Injury but will be at the Children With Cancer UK cheer stand @ 21.5 miles. Free high 5s and RAAARRRRRs , just ask for Aii x

17. 17 Richard Thorn April 20, 2013 at 8:34 pm

Good Luck all. I’m one of the 163 birthday runners! Cant’ wait!!

18. 18 Fiona April 20, 2013 at 9:49 pm

Look out for the Old Palace Clog dancers at 8 miles -ish. Good luck everyone. :)

19. 19 feldyjan April 21, 2013 at 6:44 am

Good luck from an ex-pat. One of these years I’ll make it. Keep putting one BostonFoot in front of the other

20. 20 RosieB April 22, 2013 at 12:03 am

My first marathon today.Thank you to all the organisers and volunteers. A fantastic event. You have inspired me to get out there and do more volunteering.

21. 21 julie April 23, 2013 at 6:38 am

my first marathon. what an experience. A big thanks to all the organisers and volunters. Its worth the pain im going through now.

22. 22 Andrew Embleton April 27, 2013 at 12:45 pm

Thanks goes out to all the organisers the day was immense!!

23. 23 Balebetse Matlhaku May 13, 2013 at 11:47 am

Thank you to all involved, was a special and fantastic day for this South African on his maiden run. Absolutely electric atmosphere.

Comments are currently closed.

Blog categories

Enter your email address to subscribe to the Virgin Money Giving blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 919 other followers

Quick Links

Find us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Subscribe to our RSS feed Watch Youtube Videos Watch Vimeo Videos Our photos on Flickr

Latest Tweets