As the dust settles on 2016’s record breaking Virgin Money London Marathon, we’re already thinking about how we can make next year even better! The Virgin Money London Marathon is our flagship event in the fundraising calendar and we want our charities and fundraisers to enjoy the benefits of us being the official fundraising partner.
We know it’s a few months yet until the ballot results but if your charity has places secured already, there’s another reason to get your fundraisers using us next year…
We have 15 extra 2017 London Marathon places to give away in our early bird charity competition
Every 2017 London Marathon charity runner signed up to use Virgin Money Giving could win their charity extra places! There are 15 places up for grabs – that’s three London Marathon places to be won each month by a charity between now and the ballot results at the end of September. For terms and conditions see the bottom of this page.
Record breaking year means more money for your charity
- The total raised through Virgin Money Giving has already topped £25 million in 2016 at the last count – up £3 million on last year
- Charities using us will be better off by over £700,000 as a result of their fundraisers using Virgin Money Giving
Exclusive fundraiser experience you can’t get elsewhere
- Seven fundraisers won our ultimate marathon experience and over £17,000 was given away in charitable donations in the Virgin Money FUNdraising Lounge at Expo
More people choosing to use us because we’re not for profit
- 81% of people surveyed before the race said it’s important that Virgin Money Giving is run on a not-for-profit basis
- 39% of fundraisers surveyed said they intend to choose Virgin Money Giving in future because they know their charity will receive more of the money raised.
2017 Virgin Money London Marathon Early Bird competition terms and conditions
- Entry to the “Virgin Money London Marathon 2017 Early Bird Charity Prize Draws” (“Prize Draws “) is open to all charities registered and live on the Virgin Money Giving website, and who have fundraisers who have created a page for the 2017 Virgin Money London Marathon (“Marathon”).
- Every Virgin Money Giving fundraising page set up for a charity by a fundraiser for the 2017 Virgin Money London Marathon within the prize draw periods gains that charity one entry into the Prize Draw for that month.
- The Prize Draws have five entry periods being:-
- 00:01 on 1 May 2016 to 00:00 on 31 May 2016;
- 00:01 on 1 June 2016 to 00:00 on 30 June 2016;
- 00:01 on 1 July 2016 to 00:00 on 31 July 2016;
- 00:01 on 1 August 2016 to 00:00 on 31 August 2016;
- 00:01 on 1 September 2016 to 00:00 on 30 September 2016.
- All valid entries received within the entry period will be entered into a prize draw and three winning entries will be drawn independently and at random.
- The winning three charities of each prize draw will each receive one 2017 Virgin Money London Marathon place.
- The prize is subject to terms and conditions and no cash alternative will be offered.
- The winners agree to allow the Promoter to confirm the name of the charity to other entrants.
- The winners names will be available upon request by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: Virgin Money Giving ‘Virgin Money London Marathon 2017 Early Bird Charity Prize Draws’, 28 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh, EH2 1AF.
- Personal information provided by entrants will be used to administer the Prize Draw. The winners may be asked but are not under an obligation to participate in non paid publicity.
- The Promoter reserves the right to modify, terminate, suspend or extend the Competition at any time without prior notice.
- Virgin Money Giving Limited is a company registered in England and Wales under company number 027833492, whose registered office is at Jubilee House, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 4PL (“Promoter”)