Our friends at Lucozade Sport have recently launched their #MadeToMove social campaign which gives London Marathon runners the chance to win £1000 for their chosen charity by getting 10 of their friends to run 1 mile each and post a selfie on Instagram. Come and join the new way of fundraising!
Over the competition there are 3 separate prize draws!
How do marathon runners get involved?
- Take to Instagram and post something like this:
“As you all know I am running the Virgin Money London Marathon and I need your help! Run/walk/jog a mile for me and upload a sweaty selfie and I could win £1000 for my charity courtesy of Lucozade Sport. Make sure to use the hashtag #MadeToMove”
- Don’t forget to remind your friends to tag you and @ you on Instagram otherwise it won’t count!
- Once 10 of your friends have run 1 mile and tagged you on Instagram, you will be in the running to win £1000 for your chosen charity. Look out for a direct message in your Instagram inbox!
For more information, check out the Lucozade Sport Instagram account or the website.
Congratulations if you got a place in the Virgin London Marathon this year!
If you’re running for charity start collecting your sponsorship money right away by creating your Virgin Money Giving fundraising page – We’re the official Virgin London Marathon fundraising website.
What’s more if you Set up your fundraising page by 31 October 2011 you’ll be entered into a draw for a chance to win a VIP Marathon package.
- You and a guest will stay at The Tower Hotel with the elite athletes and celebs the night before the race.
- Breakfast in the same place as elite athletes and celebs in the morning and travel to the start line in style.
- Upgrade your race to start from the celeb start line (no crowds, no queues and better loos!).
- Get two grandstand passes for your supporters to watch the race in comfort and see you and the elite runners cross the line.
- Bring your supporters along to the Virgin Money after-party.
Plus, you’ll get all of this to help your training and fundraising get off to the best start:
- £600 of adidas running kit, including shoes, selected by you at a VIP trip to an adidas performance store.
- Six months’ supply of Lucozade products to keep you fuelled and hydrated all the way to the finish line.
- Timex Ironman GPS Global Trainer runners’ watch.
- £250 donation to your Virgin Money Giving page.
Whether you’ve been sucessful in the marathon ballot or your charity has confirmed they’ve offered you a place you’re able to enter the draw. And if you’ve already created your London Marathon fundraising page on Virgin money Giving for your your name is already in the hat.
Terms and conditions apply
To help you get ready for the Great Run’s we’ve created an exclusive Great Run Runners’ Club.
All fundraisers using Virgin Money Giving for their Great North, Edinburgh, Yorkshire, Birmingham and South runs will automatically become members, and will receive details via email on how to take advantage of the discounts and competitions, as well as regular Great Run tips to kick start your fundraising.
Some great discounts
Having the right gear can make a big difference to your training. We’ve teamed up with some specialist companies to help maximise your comfort and enjoyment.
Exclusive competitions to boost your fundraising total
And to boost your fundraising total we’re running some competitions to help boost your fundraising.
Set a fundraising target on your page to be in with a chance of winning a £250 donation. Plus six runners-up will win £50 donations. Simply set a target and we’ll put you in the draw.
Tell us about an event you’ve organised to raise funds – like a cake sale or car wash – or send us a picture, and we’ll enter you into a draw. The winner will have £250 added to their total. Plus six runners-up will win £50 donations.
Raise over £500 and we’ll automatically enter you into another draw for a £500 donation. Plus six runners-up will win £50 donations.
Create your page and join the Runners Club
Find out more about the runners club and your Great Run Series fundraising page here.